Thursday, December 8, 2011

Missoni Inspired

Wow!  What a long busy week this has been.  I'm excited for tomorrow because I have a vacation day from work.  Too bad I still can't drive though =/ 
Anywho... recently my mom showed me a segment from one of these news shows where Melissa Rycroft (originally from The Bachelor - Jason's season) was talking about new nail trends.  She showed snake skin nails and Missoni nails.  Once I saw the Missoni I thought, I can do that myself!  Before attempting this look I looked for some Missoni patterns.  Just like what I saw on the news show segment, they all kinda zig-zag and with a dotting tool that isn't easy to achieve.  I decided to modify this with colored dots instead! 

I am IN LOVEEEEEEEEEE with this look and so proud of myself for pulling it off and not making a complete disaster with the dots.  I started with 2 coats of OPI We'll Always Have Paris, a deep purple cream polish.  This is one of my favorite winter colors.  To help me pick the dot colors I simply left We'll Always Have Paris on the floor and started pulling out random colors from my collection, leaving them next to each other and seeing what looked good together and created a variety of colors.  I originally only had 4 colors for dots but decided a 5th was a must and that I wanted something very bright so I added OPI I Eat Mainely Lobster


Missoni Inspired Dotting - holding French Quarter For Your Thoughts

Colors used were: 
Base - OPI We'll Always Have Paris
1st line - OPI French Quarter For Your Thoughts (Touring American Collection)
2nd line - China Glaze Secret Peri-Wink-Le
3rd line - Sally Hansen Lacey Lilac
4th line - OPI Uh-Oh Roll Down The Window (Touring America Collection)
5th line - OPI I Eat Mainley Lobster (Touring America Collection)


colors are pictured in the list order starting from left to right

We'll Always Have Paris




No comments:

Post a Comment