Sunday, January 22, 2012

Tuxedo Nails

I'm so sad that the weekend is almost over, and that we were stuck in yesterday with a snow day!  Boy do I dislike snow!!!   I woke up to go to an early morning meeting, which I didn't go to because of the snow, so I went back to sleep - and woke up to a text from a friend saying "Snow!!!"... He knows I hate snow! Grrrr
So last Sunday night was the Golden Globes and just like all of the major award shows it serves as a great night for fashion!  I spent half of my morning on Monday looking at all the red carpet pictures.  Kate Beckinsale was my favorite and I dream of looking as perfect as she does on my wedding day! Here is a picture of her for those who missed it.  During the show, I saw that Zooey Deschanel posted a picture of her nails on Twitter!  She wrote "I'm wearing a gown but my nails are wearing tuxedos!!!"  I immediately saved this picture to my phone so that I could have it as reference to replicate. Since it's been a week now, I thought what better time to do this!


I will start by saying that I am not great at doing things freehand!  I am in no way an artist, so I am aware that none of these bows look the same, and some (most) are bad.  For the base I used OPI Alpine Snow, and for the design I used Wet n Wild Black Creme.  The dots and the bow tie were all done with a dotting tool.  This look was very simple to create (aside from the freehand bow portion!).  More pictures are below, include Zooey's picture from Twitter. Her nails are much shorter than mine so I think this look looked a little better.



Zooey Deschanel's Golden Globes 2012 Nails

No comments:

Post a Comment